Jan 21, 2010

Easy Pizza

I got this pizza idea from an unlikely source (sorry Linds!) -- my good friend Lindsay :)  She is in the process of becoming a whiz in the kitchen, and the pizza I had at her house recently was fab:

Ingredients
1 refrigerated pizza dough (try TJ's whole wheat)
3/4 bunch asparagus, trimmed & sliced into smaller pieces
4 thin slices prosciutto, torn or chopped
1-2 cups Italian cheese blend, mozzarella, or Parmesan cheese
Sprinkling of pine nuts
(I also added lots of fresh basil & drizzle of olive oil)

Let the dough sit at room temperature for at least 15 min before you stretch it out onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray or olive oil.  Then stretch out dough and pile on the toppings.  Bake at 475 for 10-14 min or until cheese is browned and dough is crusty on the edges.  Let sit 5 min before slicing.
To make vegetarian, replace prosciutto with Greek olives or artichoke heart quarters.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I just read a great idea in a cook book re: pizza dough. After you have stretched out the dough, let it rise/sit for another 15 minutes. When making my own crust, I notice a big difference in the texture when I wait that extra time before putting on the toppings!

Amelia Doherty said...

This looks fantastic! Also love the additional pizza dough advice....I tend to struggle with pizza dough :)

AMELIA (MEELS) said...

Great pizza dough tip Cassie, I am always trying to get a better & less-dense crust, so thank you!